Customer Support Manager
Denver, CO, US
The Support and Services team in Joyent is the front line for delivering world class support to the customers of the Triton Public Cloud and Manta public services, our Enterprise customers that run our Triton and Manta software in-house and as hybrid solutions and the Samsung Private Cloud.
Triton, including Triton Compute, ContainerPilot, and SmartOS, is a complete data center automation solution that powers Joyent's public cloud and private clouds worldwide. Triton Object Storage and Triton Converged Analytics, is the cloud-proven object storage and big data serverless compute solution for public cloud and on-prem use.
We are currently seeking an experienced Customer Support Manager with a strong desire to lead and manage a team of highly technical Support Engineers that reside across the globe. You will have a strong technical background on Unix/Linux but an even stronger background on managing people. You will keep this team motivated to deliver high standards of externally facing customer support, and be the resource to encourage problem solving and self-growth.
You need to not only be a great team leader, but comfortable working closely with the Executive team, and confident to learning independently .
- Support and manage a team of engineers that are focused on providing world-class Level 2/3 technical support services to all Joyent and on-premise cloud customers/users.
- Establish, develop, and improve Customer Support Practices, including Standard Operating Procedures and internal policies.
- Hire and train new staff as we continue to provide full 24x7 Support either through shift or on-call schedules.
- Provide the highest standards of customer support by helping to ensure forward progression on all customer issues.
- Assist in escalations, helping your team engage the right resources to triage technical issues using the appropriate communication channels.
- Work with the leads of other teams, including Operations and Engineering, to help drive complex customer issues to resolution.
- Become mediator during difficult customer situations, providing management support to defuse situations relating to unhappy customers to turn things around.
- Review standardized performance metrics to provide guidance and feedback for continued growth and improvement in employees.
- Engage in decisions around change management, as well as participate in Incident Management with the Support team.
- Empower the team to develop internal and customer facing documentation and knowledge base articles to help improve standards of support.
- You will have a current background in managing a team of remote Customer Support engineers.
- You will have 2-3 years of recent experience in a customer support role (internal or external).
- You will have 1-3 years of recent experience in a leadership/management role.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, with a leadership-style that will help to serve more than control.
- You lead by example and not by force to maintain our positive and open culture.
- You will be technically savvy, with the ability to discuss technical issues at a high level with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ideally you will have experience working with various help desk ticketing systems (ZenDesk and JIRA is a plus).
- Some experience working in cloud or hosting environments will be an advantage.
- Ideal candidates will have experience being self-managed and working from home on a day to day basis.
- Strong “can do”, customer focused attitude centered around making customers problems your problems.
- You are not afraid to go in front of customers or large multinational conglomerates.
- You will have a desire to grow yourself through learning and experience. As you do so the opportunities to further your career within the Support team and elsewhere in Joyent will become available.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent experience in onsite client technology support, network administration, and support activities in multi-user network environments
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems.
- Ability to act quickly on resolving problems.
- A service oriented attitude- patience and resolve to do what it takes to get the job done correctly and satisfy the business.
- The ability to pick up new technologies easily and to become proficient quickly.
- The ability to manage critical issues with confidence.
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org with Customer Support Manager in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
View All Open Positions at Joyent